For very many years there has been a Post Office in Barford. The present post office is situated in Barford Village Shop. It was located in the old shop on Wellesbourne Road but closed when the shop was sold in 2006. The Joint Parish Council helped to re-open the post office in the village hall and when the village shop was built the post office was allocated a small space. It has been run, very successfully, for the past six years, by Rod Scott and his small team of volunteers. This is the first time in over a hundred years that the business has been staffed by volunteers.
During the First World War the post office was run by the Hunt Family, and was situated in Bridge Street. Charles Wesley Hunt, who was killed in the war, was a telephone fitter. A Roll of Honour, listing all the men from the village who served, was displayed outside the post office. Residents who lived here during the 1940’s and ’50 remember the two post ladies with fondness. The post office was operated by the Hadley family at this time.
Who can remember the Post Office before it was in Singletons with Kay & Terry?